Terms and conditions of hire are as follows:
1. The maximum time the carriage is hired for without prior arrangement in a wedding hire is 4 hours. Time of hire starting at collection point.
2. Maximum mileage is 7 to 8 miles of even going,less if hilly. Horses become tired as the coach is heavy. After this point we will work with a car if in excess of this distance. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure the hire is within the permitted mileage as far as their local knowledge allows.
3. We must be informed of any steep or graded hills so we can evaluate if the carriage can climb it. Downhill is no problem with our modern disc breaking system. Failure to inform us could mean your wedding is cut short at your expense .
4. Any booking details being changed after the original booking may effect the original quote given, as all bookings are evaluated and explored before quoted, so any changes to dates and venues will be re-assessed .
A 50% booking fee is payable once the route has been assessed and agreed
5. No changes to route can be done after the route has been evaluated, usually 7 days prior to hire, especially not on the day (no matter what to photographer may wish). Remember we are 26 ft long without reverse, so we will not travel to a unplanned location for health and safety reasons.
6. A £150 fee will be imposed if hire runs over stated 4 hour maximum hire period. Additional time can be arranged if an extra long photo shoot is requested but may not be available on the day due to other commitments. Sometimes couples will use this as an excuse to finish an over zealous photographer after endless shots.
7. Do not smoke in the carriage.
8. Please be careful with celebratory drinks when the carriage is moving as a spillage could ruin the day. so its best to only fill glasses with enough for a toast, or wait until we come to a stop. Any damage or cleaning not as a result of usual hire will require a repair fee.
9. Cancelled hire within 16 weeks of date will require a 50% of hire fee . DEPOSIT WILL BE FORFEIT IN ALL CANCELLATIONS
10. Within 8 weeks of hire full payment is to be made, regardless of cancellation, because we will have no time to rebook this date that has been held on your behalf. Carriages in the Park will enforce this charge as a result of breach of contract.
11. Returned cheques from the banks will incur an administration fee of £25 added to hire cost. Your deposit will only secure your date up to 8 weeks prior to hire. The balance and final details of hire must be completed by this date. Carriages in the Park reserve the right to re-offer this date after completion date has passed and the booking has not been finalized.
12. Regretfully we must refuse to operate in dangerous weather conditions: i.e. gale